My art blog, you can send asks too
total posts: 2665
updated: 9.3 hours ago
Okay so don’t get me wrong I absolutely adore beat up old toaster Nick but I’m glad I’m not the only one who spends a lot of time thinking about gen 3 Nick because holy fuck have I been sitting on a lot of headcanons for that
- Nick doesn’t really want to upgrade to a new body, maybe because his synth form has become a representation of what separates him from the old Nick, or perhaps its just a mistrust of the former institute scientists he’d have to work with
- Eventually the sole survivor and Ellie and Piper and all of the people who care about Nick convince him to consider it, it’s been several years since the fall of the institute and they’re not going to be able to find old gen 2 parts to fix him with forever. The old synths are obsolete
- Perhaps they design gen 3 Nick based on old stored DNA from the original Nick that got saved. Maybe they design Nick based on flashes of himself from his memories. Maybe they design an entirely new Nick. Take your pick I like all of them
- Nick’s only requirement is that they keep the eyes. “I’ve gotten so used to seeing them in the mirror, it’d be strange to see anything else”. To him they’re symbolic of the fact that though he might look human now, he still isn’t the old Nick, he’s still a synth, and he has no shame in that
- In contrast to his old pencil thin drawn-on-with-ballpoint-pen eyebrows, I feel like gen 3 Nick would have the strongest eyebrow game. Super dark eyebrows. I didn’t draw them dark enough tbh
- He begrudgingly allows them to get rid of his old beat up dirty clothes, but refuses to give up the hat. The hat is almost as much a part of him as the eyes. I imagine him being given one of those clean tan suits. The sole survivor gets him a new trenchcoat that matches his old one.
- Even though he hasn’t felt the effects of smoking in years and isn’t addicted to it, it’s such an ingrained habit he goes to light up a smoke every couple of hours anyway. Piper watches him like a hawk and slaps the cigarettes out of his hands every time he tries to light one. “You have new lungs cleaner than a baby’s, don’t screw them up with that crap!” She might be a hypocrite who still occasionally smokes herself, but he appreciates the sentiment
- Imagine him being totally overwhelmed by the sudden increase in his range of senses. He may be a unique gen 2 but his sensors can’t have been up to human levels, especially after years of being weathered and messed up
- Imagine the sole survivor goes to touch his new face and he’s so shocked by the feel of their hands, he tears up from the emotion, all of those subtle emotions that he’d have to exaggerate on his old face show so clearly on his new almost human one, and he holds their hand against his face as he’s crying and smiling a full smile for the first time in 200 years. “This is what it feels like…to cry.” He’s gone so long with an incomplete set of memories, he forgot what it was like to be a human being
TLDR: I HAVE SO MANY F EEL IN G S
I really do love you.
nick valentine wip ref
Free weed for everyone!
To everyone who’s been asking about when I’ll upload a post of the MSA redesigns with all the gifs in one post (and putting down what song they were animated to), I’m so sorry this took so long. :’D
I kept forgetting to upload this. That, and I wanted to go back to some of the gifs to clean them up, and re-animate them in Clip Studio Paint EX. I’ve tried by best to get them to follow the beat as close as I can, but some of them may still be a little off. Still, this was a fun attempt. I’ll be placing the song references under a “keep reading” thing if anyone is curious.
If theres one thing I crave whenever I play New vegas it’s.. horses.. So i MADE MY OWN
They’re called sleipnir for pretty self explanatory reasons, plus I thought being named after something mythological fits pretty well with some of the other mutant animals in the wastes. The run cycle is mostly rotoscoped
+some bonus babies ft. my big ol courier gal
A male colleague was making fun of the #metoo movement a few days ago, and many more (I’m one of 5 women in a department of 200 men) joined in. So I raised my voice and said I was glad women were speaking up about sexual harassment and assault and that I hoped that everyone who perpetuated this toxic behavior got taken down.
“Yeah but it’s a trend now, lots of them are just saying it for their 15 minutes of fame.” He then continued to say that he didn’t know anyone who had been harassed or any man who had done it.
I asked him if he had a daughter. He did. I asked him how old she was. She was was 17. I told him I’d bet my rent money that his daughter had experienced sexual harassment.
“Did you ask her?”
“Well then, do it.”
The next day, he came in the office with five bouquets of flowers for all the women in our department, including me. He publicly apologized for making fun of sexual harassment and for making our lives harder by doing so. He said that he simply hadn’t known how widespread it was. Apparently, his daughter deals with it very regularly. She hadn’t told him because of the way he spoke about assault cases that were on the news. She thought he’d think less of her if she’d mention it. It was her idea that he should make a public announcement. He said he felt like a bad father.
I said: “You were. Same goes for everyone who laughed with you. Be better, now you know better. And educate other men that still think the same way you did yesterday. And next time someone tells you about an experience they have, don’t automatically assume that because you haven’t seen it, it’s not true. That kind of willful ignorance is why we still deal with this shit.”
He also offered to pay my rent as that was part of the bet, but I told him I’d rather have him put effort in being a person his daughter and wife could be proud of.
In conversation the other day my mom stopped and asked my dad about what percentage of women he thought had experienced sexual harassment. He said about 20-30% maybe. My mom told him that both of us had been harassed multiple times at work (same goes for both of her sisters) and that she had actually been assaulted by a groper on a public bus. I have never seen anyone’s face go slack so quickly before as he realized that literally every woman in his family had experienced this. And while I’m glad he believed us and has changed his view on that subject I still can’t shake the frustration, the anger, that it required being sat down and spoonfed these incidents that we didn’t particularly wanted to relive. This is something that women have been saying for years, but men just never listen. Not even when they’re forced to sit in mandatory harassment in the workplace training seminars.
this post needs more attention
start of a comic i am doing. it might be a big one, since i’ve not felt so sure of a feeling for so long in a while, even if it’s a little negative.
Hey OP, thanks for this.
(4) UNDERTALE AU MERCH PERMISSION MASTERLIST.
Recently people have been coming to me expressing their worries about creating merchandise. They are unsure if they are allowed to produce products. Here is displayed written permission for UF/US/SF/FS. Extra screenshots provided by a good friend of mine, Kuma san as well as Nise. Thank you, both of you! Kumada has a separate page for permissions displayed here (but it is in Japanese):
(Also note KH san response to R18 SWAPFELL content please.)
Seeing as how Atlantale is occurring soon (02/10/2018) as well as Japan’s second UT event VERY SOON (07/2017), I thought I would put this together for the benefit for all. Kuma san has told me that Japan artists are VERY sensitive for permission and their first event was VERY STRICTLY Undertale only and NO AU’S. I hope this will furthermore help and encourage other artists to create their own products without fear!
AU 작성자의 권한이 표시됩니다.
누구나 제품을 만들 수 있습니다!
Toby Fox의 규칙을 기억하십시오!
Please remember Toby Fox’s MAIN RULES FOR MERCHANDISE CREATION which is down below.
Ultimately it is HIS CREATION and we must respect the creator of the game we all love so much! ♡ (˶´ᗜ`˶) ♡
These extra permissions are out of respect for additional creators in the community! Thank you for providing content that we love!
Sources: (x) (x)
thank you for clearing this up!
Passing the message along!
For reference! :D
When customers walked into Edeka supermarket in Hamburg recently, they were surprised to find that the shelves were almost empty, and the small handful of products that remained were all made in Germany. It seemed like the supermarket had simply forgotten to restock their produce until customers saw the mysterious signs left around the shop. “So empty is a shelf without foreigners,” read one sign at the cheese counter. “This shelf is quite boring without variety,” read another.
It turns out that Edeka, in a rather controversial move, had opted to solely sell German food for a day in order to make a powerful statement about racism and ethnic diversity. As a result, there were no Greek olives, no Spanish tomatoes, and very little of anything else that can normally be found in a typical modern household. “Edeka stands for diversity, and we produce a wide range of food in our assortment, which is produced in the different regions of Germany,” said an Edeka spokesman. “But it is together with products from other countries that we create the unique diversity that our customers value.” (Source)
do this in America and nothing will remain
A very powerful statement about how cultural diversity has added to our lives!
We have apples and oranges? That’s probably gonna be it. XD
UT/UF/US Skelebros as Transformers！
The designs mainly referenced on IDW comic
Best. Crossover. Ever 😍
((Y E S
I thought that was Tailgate at first like who the fuck is this tall foo and where’s Cyclonus??????????
Then I realized it was sans lol
ALSO HOLY SHIT EDGE IS LITERALLY STARSCREAM
Thiiiiiiisssss iiiiiiissssss Myyyyyyyyy Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit~
I fixed it
Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made from—things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from it.
Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.
There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.
But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?
High five, America!
oh my god
bitch that’s the tubby custard machine
OMFG THIS POST FINALLY MADE IT TO MY DASHBOARD IM CRYING
“bitch that’s the tubby custard machine”
10,000 years from now on the dawn of a new civilization where we are all just brains in jars flying spaceships through the vast unknowable void, i will still be laughing my ass off at “bitch that’s the tubby custard machine”. this i vow.
i cannot believe this post is back on my dash
I can’t believe that someone actually tried to use a gif from Teletubbies to cry about the fast food industry.
재미있었다. 담엔 다른캐릭터도 이렇게 그려봐야지…
베니 그렸기 때문에 다 그려야할듯…
remember these, kids? they used to be so popular on deviantART way back in like 2008 and i remember i used to be so pumped about doing one, though i never really did. so, last night i even had a dream about doing one of these, so i put together some scenarios and here we are, haha! feel free to reblog or save the template for yourself if it catches your fancy!
please tag your finished meme as harteus meme so that i and others can find your artwork easily and collected.